I’m backk…..from Paris! Back in the sense that I’m back in London and not back in Singapore 😛
Anyway, here’s my review on the hotel that my bro and I stayed in Paris. We stayed in Hotel Relais du Pre, which is located very near the Gare du Nord train station. Below are the pictures of our room.
- Clean! This is very important!!
- Near Metro stations Cadet & Poissonnière, which makes travelling around very convenient.
- Near Gare du Nord train station – only 10 mins walk away, excellent if you’ve arrived in Paris via the TGV or Eurostar
- Friendly receptionists who speak multiple languages (English, French, German and Italian). Only exception is the night receptionist who speaks only a smattering amount of English
- Free WiFi, so you still can stay connected in your hotel room.
- Very near tourist attractions Sacre Coeur & Opera.
- No prepayment required
- Room has no air-conditioning. Okay for winter but not so great in summer.
- Toilet is an accident waiting to occur. Look at the picture above. When you come out of the bathtub, you have to grab onto the shower holder because there aren’t any grabpoles. Moreover, you have to avoid one corner of the tub and NOT step onto the toilet bowl and try NOT to slip at the same time. Why couldn’t they just put a shower in that corner?
- No shampoo…so please bring your own
- Extra electrical outlets were hiding in some corner….so hunt for them!
Would I stay in this hotel again? Sure. Why not? We had a promotional rate of EUR 98/night excluding breakfast. Breakfast was at EUR 10/pax, which is expensive (think lotsa croissants, jams, hams, cheeses and cornflakes) but expected in Paris.
NOTE: Hotel du Pre is a chain of hotels and all four are located very near to each other. I can’t say what’s the quality of the other rooms for this chain…but Relais due Pre certainly looks newer than Residence du Pre (which we accidentally walked into).
Overall rating: 7.5/10. Would have bumped it up to 8 if there was air-con in the room.
Will post about my trip on separate posts.