I tried to do the gradient nails and I used 6 types of nail polishes although you don’t have to use the same number.
1. First coat – OPI What’s With the Cattitude?
Let it dry totally before going onto the next colour.
2. Second coat – Etude House Lavender PP901
You can brush it onto a sponge and then sponge it onto the nails but I personally prefer to just remove excess nail polish and then brush it downwards. It’s important to remove a lot of the polish so that you get that gradient look.
3. Third coat – OPI Funky Dunkey
Same as step 2 but go further towards the tip
4. Fourth coat – Sally Hansen Deeply Violet
Same as steps 2 & 3 but even further towards the tip
5. I used Canmake’s Colorful Nails No. 30 and Face Shop’s PK107 to add the glitter to the tips
6. Finally, I sealed it all with top coat.
I kinda messed up my nails because my mum was rushing me to keep my clothes and I was moving the ironing board out so iron my clothes. 🙁
I had experimented with newspaper print nails a couple of days ago but I didn’t get the desired effect so I turned to the gradient nails! I’m now thinking of next week and I might try out the water marble effect. However, I’ve got an event on Saturday so I’m not sure whether those nails would look professional. 😛 Do let me know if you have any interesting or great ideas for nails that I can try out!